Warning

Warning
Warning

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Rough Theater

Rough Theater. At first I was unsure what this meant but now I do and not sure what to say. I had a friend growing up that had a projector and we would use this big blank wall he had down in his basement to screen these huge movies and watch them with our friends. It seemed really fun because it was almost like being in a theater because it seemed so big to us. It was a great time because we could watch any movie we had on it. We watched older films we never saw in the theater on it to try to get the big experience. It wasn't quite the same as a movie theater but it still created a great effect.
Another type of 'rough theater' that I have experienced again was when I was younger. Every summer was spent at the country club my family belonged to in Buffalo. And at the end of every summer the life guards would put a big projector outside after the end of the summer dance and show pictures of the kids that were taken throughout the summer. It was fun seeing the pictures of us diving and swimming and playing tennis. The lifeguards and kids would all get up and say something about the photos and who was in it and funny stories pertaining to it. It was one of the best parts about the summer. I'm not sure if that qualifies as a 'rough theater' but it was one of the first things I thought of when I heard what the assignment actually was. I miss the summers at the country club a lot because I met most of my really good friends there and those pictures were always of my friends and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment