Warning

Warning
Warning

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Rating the videos

I have recently completed all my video assignments so that I am able to rate all of them on the grading scale Andre wanted. As I mentioned in a previous blog I was a little hesitant about the timing of the videos and was very nervous that I would get them done but that is beside the point. I would rate my most favorite as the cameraless filmmaking project. It was very interesting to me to make a film that did not require any kind of camera. It was a different kind of experience that I really enjoyed. Next on the list would be Bolex Long takr. I liked the fact that we only got to do it with one take so it required more rehearsing than the other videos because we only got one crack at it. I kind of like working under that pressure. I also really liked the different quality the video came out in. Third I would have to say would be the multi-plane animation. WHile not a great artist when it comes to drawing I enjoyed the use of stop motion to create animation. It was always something I was interested in but never thought I would get the chance to do it. I actually want to buy a camera that we used to experiment with. My fourth favorite would be the found footage assignment we had for our last video. I really liked the fact that we got to have a lot of freedom with this video and could be extremely artistic with it. While mine did not turn out as good as I wanted to I was able to get a message across I feel strongly about. Number 5 on my list would be the 48 hour video race. I stressed out about this project a lot but once I did it I really liked how it came out and how it forced me to think outside the normal realms of film. It was really cool in the end and i was frustrated that I really stressed out about it and didn't enjoy it as I should have. The last was definitley the rhythmic editing piece. I didn't hate anything about the piece really but I did not love anything about it either. It was neat to do and easy and I liked choosing music for it but it just felt more like a chore than an artistic project for me at times. All in all I loved the class though and wish there was a second part that I could take.

No comments:

Post a Comment