Warning

Warning
Warning

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Scratch Film Junkies second response.

It was very different watching a movie by the Scratch Film Junkies the second time after working on a cameraless film and realizing how much time and effort it takes to do the littlest animation as well as the tinniest bit of coloring or dying. I was able to enjoy the film much more this go around because I related to the effort a lot. I was alos able to recongnize parts of the film and the techniques used which helped with the viewing and game me a sense of relateability(not sure if that is a real word) During the film if I saw some bleaching or toning or scratching I related to the techniques recalling my own frustration and elation using the different techniques. During the first time I saw the Scratch Film Junkies I enjoyed parts of it but soemtimes I kind of tuned out because I had no clue as to what I was watching. In this film there was a great use of colors and neat animation. THe animation for me was the most frustrating part of the project so when I saw animation in this film i watched it quite different than the first time. Basically when it comes down to the second film and watchign it I can appreciate everything a lot more because I had to do most of the stuff I had seen in the film. THis made the second film much more enjoyable. I give THe Scratch Film Junkies a lot of credit in addition to any filmmaker or filmmakers that make these ind of films because although I enjoyed the experience of making mine it would probably take a lot for me to make another one. It is just not my kind of film but now I can have much more respect for them and not look at the films as pure chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment