Warning

Warning
Warning

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Wells Response

I will start off first and foremost that what I just read (i literally JUST read it about thirty seconds ago) went over my head. I understood what Wells was saying most of the time about the animation but maybe it did not sink in enough. So i will blog about what I did take in and what I know about animation. I know it did not start with Disney and Warner Bros., which was all i watched growing up as most probably did, but with others like KOKO the Clown which I watched in another class. I like those films I had seen although some of them were incredibly racist and I could not believe my eyes at what I saw with them. Some of the ways they portrayed black people was pretty bad in those cartoons. Anyway, getting off base here, I thought the early animation with the artists hand in the picture was really cool and I remember seeing 'Duck Amuck' when I was young. I also remember seeing really early animation with a dinosaur and a guy 'interacting' with an animated dinosaur. Those videos were really cool. I was in awe, and it came back to me reading Wells article, at the painstaking time and effort it took for early animation to produce single films. It really is mind blowing especially in todays age of speedy everything. I do wonder how much animation will be changing because it already is with computers. Does anyone even make cell animation besides purists who do it for the art? How long will they even do it? When will that fall by the waist side, or will it ever? I do not think it will totally go away but animators now are computer techs. They still need to know how to draw which I do not at all but I believe that having to draw will not be such a necessity in the future with how technology and thinkgs like pixar and 3-D are progressing. It's interesting to learn the history like in Wells article if only to see how far ahead we have come.

No comments:

Post a Comment