Warning

Warning
Warning

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Cameraless filmmaking so far

my experience so far with cameraless filmmaking has been interesting. This is the first time I have really done this before and I really am enjoying the experience. I am not sure if it is something i would like to pursue full time after school but I am enjoying the different use of film for the time being. It seems to force me to be creative in a way that is unusual. I had heard of cameraless film briefly during FST200 but never really gave it too much thought. It was not until Cucalorous when Andre did a 6X1 workshop. I was not able to attend but I was working at screen gems when it was going on and my interest was peaked. I talked to some people about it and they said they had taken the course and it was very very cool. So, naturally, when I saw that I could take it this semester I signed right up. it has been great. Some of the animation is going to trouble me a little because I cannot draw at all but the end product should be pretty interesting. I have no idea what I will be doing for this Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water project but I hope to engage part of my brain that may normally lay dormant to finish it. Last week in the 'dark room' was very cool and I felt like a kid again using objects to create images on film using only the flash of a light. I loved it and it is things like that which make the class different and fun so I am glad that I am taking it. It is definitely my favorite class this semester by far. i just hope to not screw it up by over thinking things when it comes to art which i have a tendency to sometimes do. I guess only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment